Monday, June 24, 2013

Similar story #4 - Saute Pan Melted!

By Cathy Hargis, November 15, 2011

My recipe for a chicken taco dish instructed me to heat my pan to "very hot" in order to char tomatoes. I did so with my Emeril saute pan and as a result, the area of the pan underneath the copper band started melting. It literally created a river of molten aluminum on my stovetop. This is EXTREMELY dangerous. Check the consumer reports website and you will find several other people who have had the same experience. The copper band comes loose and the metal interior of the pan becomes overheated and melts. Some have even suffered 3rd degree burns from this. We received an entire set of these pots and pans as a wedding gift and will now be throwing them out and spending the money to replace them.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RHZOFZ1GU4H5S/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B001GD2YRW&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

No comments:

Post a Comment